All UNAM, UNACH or FACMED students must use the DGAE-SIAE platform . Now, if you don’t know how to use the platform or have doubts about it, you can find the complete guide in this post. Do not miss all the details about this system and learn how to get the most out of it.
What is the DGAE-SIAE platform?
The DGAE is the General Directorate of School Administration . Its mission is to manage, file, organize and protect student information from the beginning to the end of the degree. Both from UNAM and from other universities. On the other hand, the SIAE is a DGAE platform created by the SSRE subdirectorate. Its acronym stands for Comprehensive School Administration System.
Through this virtual platform , students can register or withdraw subjects. In addition, they can consult the study plan or the qualifications obtained. Changes of campus, career, system, re-entry to studies, etc. can also be made. This is a platform available for students, teachers and administrative staff.
It is quite simple to use. In summary, it is a means of the DGAE to facilitate and streamline access to and management of school information . That is why students need to understand the management of this platform.
How to register on the DGAE-SIAE platform?
Registration in the DGAE-SIAE is quite simple. In order for you to have the necessary guidance in this process, the steps you must take are indicated below:
- The first thing you should do is access the platform portal. Next, you must click on the “ Access ” menu to start the process.
- By completing the previous step, you will see the option to enter the user and PIN . (The latter is the date of your birth). Remember that the registration of each student is done by default when they enroll in the university. Therefore, these data must be provided to each student at the time of registration. When entering the requested information, you must click on “Access”.As you can see, registration is an automatic and very simple process . In just two steps you can access the platform and start enjoying each of the available options. Now, after entering you can change your password for greater security. Next, you can learn how to do it.
Change of password
Modifying the password is suggested for one that is strong and more secure . Since the PIN or password assigned by the system is the date of your birthday. So it can be vulnerable for other users to enter your username. The advantage is that this option is available from the platform to be able to do it whenever you want. If this is the case, these are the steps you should take:
- The first step again is to access the UNAM platform and go to the “ Access ” option.
- There you must enter with your assigned data.
- Once you enter the system you must go to the security section located in the left menu.
- Subsequently, you must click on “ Change PIN ”.
- Immediately, a box will appear on the screen. In which you must enter the current password and press “OK”. Then, you must enter the new password, which must meet certain conditions . Therefore, it is suggested that you read the information carefully, in order to meet the requirements. The new password must be entered twice to confirm.
- Finally, you must click on “Send”. In this way, you will have changed the password quickly and easily.
Access to DGAE-SIAE
Access to the DGAE-SIAE platform is quite simple. The first thing to consider is that only students or workers have access . Specifically, those that belong to the management of the DGAE. Access the official UNAM website from here . Subsequently, you must click on the “ Access ” option, located in the upper menu.
In this way, the user is referred to the SIAE platform. In which you must place the username and password established. Then, you must complete the Captcha to validate your entry. Finally, you must press the “Access” option. In this way, you can quickly enter the platform whenever you want and carry out the necessary procedures.
Options available on the DGAE-SIAE platform
As mentioned at the beginning, this portal allows you to carry out various procedures . Which facilitate and simplify the student and labor pursuit. Below, you can learn about some of the options available on the platform:
- Change of password
- Check study plan
- Check schedules
- change shift
- system change
- Internal race modification
- Change of campus and career
- Change of campus re-entry
- Simultaneous race
- Second race
- Consultation of minutes
- Signing of minutes at the end of the course
One of the main advantages of using this platform is that it is intuitive and very easy to use. Therefore, you can modify or enter information whenever you need. As well as making any necessary changes. It is a practical way to make better use of time and avoid congestion and bureaucracy.
Rather, it makes it easier for all students to access the necessary information. Demonstrating transparency and agility to guarantee the best experience for the student during their pursuit at the university. The only thing you have to keep in mind is that each of the options available on the platform must be carried out within the dates established for it.
On the main page of the UNAM you can consult the dates established for each procedure. This way you can guarantee the fulfillment of your requests. Therefore, stay tuned for official communications from the institution.
How to use the platform in case of re-entry to UNAM?
Some students are forced to suspend their studies temporarily. Fortunately, there is the option of re-entry to UNAM. This procedure can be carried out from the DGAE-SIAE platform. You just have to make sure to verify the periods established for re-entry.
If you are within the time set to complete the corresponding subjects, you can make the refund. In case you have doubts about your particular situation, you can enter the system as you usually did and verify. Now, through the re-entry option you can also access to register a secondary career .
To do this, you must follow these steps:
- Go to the official website of UNAM . Next, click on the “ Access ” option.
- Enter your username and PIN, complete the Captcha and click on “Access”.
- Go to the main drop-down menu and choose the option “ School Procedures ”. In this option you can know what your current academic situation is.
- Locate the procedures box to the right of the screen. At the top, you must select the option corresponding to your aspirations.
- Confirm the procedure and take the opportunity to add or modify any personal data. In this way, you can formalize the procedure with the correct and complete information.
- Finally, click on the “Send Data” option. In this way, the request is processed correctly.
You must take into account that in point 4 the available options are mentioned. In case the ones you require are not available, you should check if there is any impediment. For example, the requested procedure may not be in accordance with UNAM regulations . Therefore, you must be clear about these rules, as well as the functionalities of the platform.
Similarly, you can check some frequently asked questions from the UNAM page.
Consultation of qualifications in the SIAE portal
Another of the options most used by students is checking grades from the portal. In this way, they can keep up with their academic situation and verify that everything is in order. Through the SIAE you can do it in a very simple way .
After entering the portal as indicated above, you must go to the left menu. Specifically to the “ Academic Records ” option , then you must click on “Trajectory”. This will open a box with all the notes.
There you can see the record of grades from the first semester completed until the last completed. In the event that the semester is in progress, the notes of the same may not yet appear registered in the system. You must wait until the end of the semester to view the grades in the box .
Signing of minutes through DGAE SIAE
Regarding the signing of minutes, there is the option of doing it at the university office. However, through the DGAE-SIAE you can also do it. To do this, you must access the portal as indicated. Next, you must go to the “Grade registration” option, then, ” Consult and qualify groups “.
There you will see a box in which you must select the panel and the group in which you must sign. Just to the right of the box you should see some symbols. The symbol of a hand with a pen indicates that the minutes have already been signed. On the contrary, if you only see the pen, you must sign the minutes.
The signature options can be: Advanced Electronic Signature (FEA) or the University Electronic Signature (FEU). You must proceed according to the option you have enabled on the platform. After signing the minutes, they are automatically uploaded to the system and you can access a preview to print or save the minutes whenever you want.
Now you know how the DGAE-SIAE-UNAM platform works . As well as some details about your access, registration and the available options. Remember to stay informed through its official UNAM channels to carry out your procedures within the established deadlines. So you can get the most out of the portal.